Right off the showroom floor, the 2020 Shelby GT500 is an impressive machine. The most powerful Mustang created to date, it puts out a whopping 760-horspower to the flywheel courtesy of its TVS-boosted, 2.6-liter supercharger. However, when the aftermarket takes over that number heads for the moon like an overhyped cryptocurrency.
Long at the forefront of fast Shelby GT500s, Evolution Performance in Aston, Pennsylvania, had already created the world’s quickest example of the latest halo stallion and dubbed it The Villain. Driven by Dalton Winkler, this bolt-on Predator remains at the top of the 2020+ GT500 quarter-mile leader board on the merits of an impressive 8.88 at 158 mph rip.
Achieved with the stock supercharger treated to a Kong Performance FreakShow CNC port job and augmented by a Kong Performance 108mm throttle body, a Whipple tensioner, a Whipple intercooler, a Whipple intercooler manifold, and a Whipple intercooler pump among other things, this combo was already finely tuned. But what would happen with a bigger blower atop the 5.2-liter engine?
“It’s Time!” the shop boasted on social media. “Prototype Whipple Superchargers race-ported, 3.8-liter GEN 5 twin-screw supercharger on the quickest, fastest and baddest 2020-2021 Shelby GT500 in the Universe, ‘The Villain!’”
The shop bolted on the new blower, applied a fresh calibration courtesy of Jon Lund Jr. at Lund Racing, and attached the car to its in-house Mainline Pro Hub dynamometer for a slip-free, accurate readout. The result was a stunning four-digit output that is sure to yield quicker elapsed times at the drag strip.
“(This) 2020 Shelby GT500 (100% stock) throws down 1,312 to the wheels with the all-new 3.8L GEN 5 Whipple Supercharger!” said Whipple upon sharing the results. “This is just the beginning…”
• 100-Percent Stock Engine, DCT Transmission and Clutches
• 3.8L GEN 5 Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger
• Whipple Superchargers 132mm Throttle Body
• Whipple Superchargers 155mm Cold Air Intake
• Injector Dynamics ID1700-XDS Fuel Injectors
• Fore Innovations -10 Return Fuel System
• Brisk Racing Spark Plugs
• UPR Products Single-Valve Oil Catch Can
• ATI Performance 30-Percent Overdrive Balancer
• Whipple Superchargers Billet Tensioner
• Whipple Superchargers Auxiliary Intercooler Pump
• SPE Performance 180-degree thermostat
• Evolution Performance Ice Tank
• C&R Racing PWR Heat Exchanger
• Kooks 2-inch Long-Tube Headers
• Kooks Resonator-Delete X-Pipe
• Stock Exhaust System
• Sunoco Racing Fuels E85R
• Custom Tuned by Jon Jr. of Lund Racing using HP Tuners Software
• Built By Evolution Performance, Inc.